Web Cam Instructions
THERE ARE TIMES BEYOND OUR CONTROL WHEN YOU MAY EXPERIENCE INTERNET PROBLEMS AND BE UNABLE TO VIEW YOUR PET. THIS IS USUALLY TEMPORARY SO PLEASE KEEP TRYING. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Pets can be viewed from anywhere in the World where you have access to the Internet. Viewing the cameras requires you to allow the installation of a plug-in to your browser. The process may vary slightly depending on what type of computer you use, but the basic process is as follows:
- You should see a pop-up or message that says "This website wants to install the following add-on: 'MPEG4 SHM(Audio) Control' from 'D-Link' Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to install it, click here...". NOTE: This is required if you want to view your pet.
- Click on the message and select "Install ActiveX Control".
- You will be taken back to the web site home page. Navigate once more to "Resort Suites" -> "View Your Pet" -> then select the suite your pet is staying in. This time you will receive a pop-up asking you to Install the software that you agreed to in the previous step. Click "OK" or "Install" to install the software.
- When the software has finished installing, you should be able to see your pet in the camera window
If you are unable to view your pet after following the instructions above, here are a few things you can try:
- If you have a newer computer you may have to turn off "Protected Mode" in your browser until the software is installed and you are able to view your pet. Be sure to turn "Protected Mode" back on after you are able to vew your pet. If you are using Internet Explorer 7, there is a checkbox under Tools -> Internet Options -> on the bottom of the Security tab.
- Make sure you have Administrative rights to your computer.
- Make sure there are no Firewalls that might be turned on and are blocking access.
- Try rebooting your computer and don't open any applications other than your browser.
Note: If you continue to have difficulty downloading the web program or viewing your pet this may be due to firewalls or other problems on the computer you are utilizing. Yorba Regional Animal Hospital has no control over the settings on your computer, therefore viewing of your pet cannot be guaranteed.